Directors play an important role in the success of every financial institution by providing oversight and directing risk management. A recent ABA survey found that Fair Lending was the number one compliance concern given the more volatile regulatory environment that followed the "mortgage meltdown". Fair Lending concerns have been heightened by the creation of the CFPB (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau) and expanded enforcement actions. This two-part series will address key issues since Fair Lending violations can impede growth plans, impact profitability, and potentially damage the bank's reputation. As with all business risk, this is another area that must be managed effectively.
- Fair Lending Basics
- Collection & Servicing Concerns
- Compliance Management System
- Seven Essential Elements for Fair Lending
- Exam Focus by Regulator
- Fair lending and discrimination
- Mitigating Risks
- CFPB and Consumer Complaints
- Mortgage Servicing & Reg. Z & X
In addition, this program will touch on the following questions:
- What type of reviews should be done for Fair Lending in collections & servicing?
- What do recent enforcement actions say about violations of Fair Lending laws during the collection process?
- Servicing requirements changed in 2014. What are the Fair Lending risks in loss mitigation, foreclosure procedures, customer service response, and reputation risk?
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.